This Kit Includes:
- 2 RB 6-Piston front caliper (7075-T6 forged aluminum alloy)
- 2 RB 4-Piston rear caliper (6061-T6 forged aluminum alloy)
- 2 Front RB Iron Rotors (390x34mm)
- 2 Rear RB Iron Rotors (380x30mm)
- 2 Aluminum spacers
- 1 Car set of RB street performance brake pads (see options to upgrade)
- 1 Car set of stainless steel brake lines
- 8 M12x1.5 alloy steel caliper mounting bolts
- 4 Bottle 1/2 liter Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
Due to the variety of aftermarket wheels, we recommend checking your wheel clearance with our kit prior to installation to confirm fitment. Click here to download the wheel fitment template for these kits.
Features and Benefits:
- Easy, bolt on installation and retains the use of stock brake pads.
- Exclusive hard anodized caliper finish that will not chip or fade to heat and is resistant to brake fluid (see options for pricing).
- Stainless steel one piece piston reduces heat transfer to brake fluid.
- Built-in dust seals, no boots to burn out like OE's external dust boots.
- Pad springs in all four corners provides tight fit of brake pads - no slippage, no rattling noise like OE's loose fit (no springs).
- Pads are secured by two M6 hex socket bolts to positive lock the pads in place and replace the pads easily with allen wrench (no pin to punch in/out like OE).
- RB caliper are engineered in the pistons size and position to improve braking efficiency and taper wear.
- Calipers are precisely machined in every corner and cut.
Flexibility and low maintenance cost is the key feature of RB brake kits - Our calipers and rotors are designed to have the same offset as OE, so the kit retains the integrity of stock with total interchangeability.
- You can swap to stock or other aftermarket rotors
- You can upgrade to 400x34/390x30 BBK
- You can upgrade to ZR1 rotor kit
- You can upgrade to S-T CCM-X rotor kit
- You can use GTR stock pads (standard FMSI pads) with a variety of brand and compound to choose at competitive price w/o having to stick to their proprietary pad like Alcon's kit.
- Caliper Body: Made of forged aluminum alloy designed and built for the toughest brake jobs with extended service life before any rebuild is required.
- Low Profile: Together with RB Center-Mount design two-piece rotors, you hardly even need to require a spacer to install the kit.
- Pistons: Stainless steel instead of aluminum commonly used by other caliper mfgrs which can substantially reduce the heat transfer (approx 1/10 of aluminum) from the pad to brake fluid. Pistons are vented to further reduce the heat contact area and improve air circulation thereby reducing more heat transfer.
- Dust Seal: Our dust seal is of built-in type (instead of external boot type) uniquely designed to shield the dust and foreign material from contamination and will not rip - as commonly seen on boot type dust seals.
- Hardware: Brake pad pins and banjo connections were re-designed for easier brake line connection and brake pad replacement.
- Surface Coating: Powder coating available in red and black colors or upgrade to hard anodized. Hard anodized satin look provides long lasting performance and beauty, will not chip or fade to heat, and is also resistant to brake fluid.
- Hardware: Most hardware is made of stainless steel for durable performance and appearance.
- Never Get Lost Bleeder Cap: Newly designed with a retaining loop so you will never have to find it again and/replace the lost ones. (made of durable EPDM)
- Use standard FMSI brake pads : A very common P/N is used with these calipers.
- Made in USA: Calipers are designed, fully assembled and hydro-tested in our Fullerton, CA facility, with full after sales support/service.
Our unique and patented rotor designs make our discs cooler and last longer.
Convergent vane design
The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and turbulence and makes discs cooler. (Illustration #1)
The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several benefits. (Illustration #2)
- It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional).
- The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced.
- Air inlets are widely open to both inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even temperature on both sides of the disc surface.
- Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.
- Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides excellent heat balance.
True floating design
Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware. Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as disc expands and contracts and the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss at temperature.
- Iron sleeve insert
RB aluminum rotors hats are constructed of aluminum with an iron sleeve insert. This allows for significant weight savings while still preserving the use of the stock emergency brake. This design is only available through RB.